Time flies doesn’t it? I ~almost can’t believe I haven’t written here since August (but I can because every time I think about writing I put it off and go back to watching Parenthood).
A number of things have contributed to me getting off-track with this blog:
- Kyle came home in August (for a while) and I spent that time enjoying life with him
- I was injured for a bit, so my motivation to talk about running was low
- I crashed and burned at the Chicago Half Marathon, which was a tad embarrassing (and I’m still recovering from the “shame”/injury)
- My brain has been avoiding putting in any sort of effort outside of my day job
- Kyle was deployed again and I’ve been working on being OK with that
But good things are happening, too!
- I’ve been working on building up my strength in the wake of the Chicago Half
- I’m thinking more about my future
- I’ve built up a steady side hustle walking and sitting dogs
- I got the new iPhone with Portrait mode and it’s a game-changer (and my dog parent clients love the photos I send them now)
- I’m planning to go visit Kyle sometime early next month before he (hopefully) comes home for Christmas
- I’m joining Orangetheory once a week (I knew that one free class would get me hooked)
The little things, right?
Life can seem overwhelming at times, which is why this blog has sometimes fallen by the wayside. But I really want to view it as a place where I go when everything else is coming at me. Too often I throw off the things I enjoy when I’m dealing with things that I don’t. I want to make a concerted effort to actually stick with those things when everything else is going wrong.
So hopefully I’ll be back in full force soon. I still haven’t lost interest in the things that this blog is primarily about, and I can’t wait to get back to discussing them soon.
Heck, I may even (finally!) talk about that half marathon.